|Location: East London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Mechanical and Electrical Technician
Mechanical and Electrical Technician needed for a large scale Utility organisation based in East London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Mechanical and Electrical Technician that takes pride in their work with experience working on large industrial plant equipment including various pumps within the utility industry, strong skills in inspection, fault finding, maintenance and modification/repair work and an even split between Mechanical and Electrical capabilities.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical and Electrical Technician will include:
- The successful candidate will be working in a small, multi-discipline team and will be responsible for carrying- out scheduled, unscheduled and emergency maintenance work on mechanical and electrical equipment in compliance with company procedures in order to minimise plant breakdowns.
- You will investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process. This may involve investigating and diagnosing complex faults and carrying out repairs during incidents.
- You will be expected to provide technical advice, making reference to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
- Examples of equipment that you will be working on will be motors, gearboxes, screw /chain conveyors, plate presses & centrifuges, various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
- Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training.
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical and Electrical Technician:
- You should be a time served apprentice within the significant experience of electrical systems working in a "true multi-skilled" capacity. Previous experience in an electrical apprenticeship, ONC/HNC in engineering, NVQ or C&G level 3 in mechanical engineering with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3 is crucial.
- Ideally, you will have been upskilled with a mechanical qualification to allow inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair mechanical and electrical plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- For individuals with mechanical or electrical experience only, we will look to develop the right people to dual skilled status.
- Experience working on large industrial plant equipment including various pumps within the utility industry would be beneficial.
- Due to the nature of this role, the domestic experience is not suitable.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues are crucial.
- The work will require physical fitness; as you will work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training.
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours' standby rota will be required after a suitable
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical and Electrical Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.