|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Mechanical Design Engineer
6-month initial contract
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a multinational Defence and Electronics organisation based in Staffordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Mechanical Design Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of 3D CAD (Solidworks is essential), good use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural analysis, fatigue life assessments and experience in manufacturing methods.
The successful candidate would desirably have a degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering and have a keen interest in Mechanical Engineer.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Generate concept design proposals and feasibility studies to support product development programmes
- Carrying out elements of the product design
- Contribute to the development of engineering excellence within the business
- Provide the engineering department with mechanical engineering expertise in support of future business opportunities
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
- A degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering (e.g. systems, electrical, electro-mechanical)
- Appreciation of electrical aspects of cabinet design (e.g. EMC, stray fields, creepage and clearance, insulation systems)
- Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to electronic cabinets; sheet metal fabrications, welding, machining, corrosion protection
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred but not essential
- Good use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural analysis, fatigue life assessments.
- Good knowledge of materials
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Mechanical Design Engineer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.