|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £20000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Mechanical Project Engineer
Dorset - Permanent
Salary advertised - not applicable!
Mechanical Project Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within nuclear and defence based in Dorset. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Benefits for the Mechanical Project Engineer:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression
Purpose of the Mechanical Project Engineer:
The purpose of this role is to provide engineering expertise from the conception to its conclusion. Once the manufacturing capability is established there will be a requirement for the continuous improvement of current designs plus the scope to introduce new designs.
Some of the main duties the Mechanical Project Engineer will include:
* Evaluates products by designing and conducting appropriate design,development, verification and validation methods.
* Applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, and materials etc.
* Strong ability to use analytical techniques to design out potential design and process failures.
* Applies development life cycles to cascade customer requirements through to validated
* Supports the development products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
* Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
* Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
* Prepares product reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
* Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Supports team based problem solving using recognised tools and techniques.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Project Engineer:
* BEng / MEng in Mechanical Engineering
* Relevant experience within the defence industry previously
* CAD Design Experience
* Full project lifecycle experience
* Lab experience (welding / brazing)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer to progress their career within the engineering industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.