|Location: Waterlooville||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Mechanical Systems Engineer needed for a highly reputable and well-respected Maritime & Defence organisation. The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge and experience in the marine systems mechanical engineering discipline and mechanical engineering gained through relevant experience.
As the Mechanical Systems Engineer you will be supporting the technical interface on all day-to-day matters associated with QEC Marine Mechanical Systems.
This is an exciting time to join this well-established organisation.
What the Mechanical Systems Engineer role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Systems Engineer will include:
- Providing mechanical systems subject matter expertise and technical leadership within the areas of platform systems, power and propulsion, mission systems and aviation systems
- Supporting the technical interface on all day-to-day matters associated with QEC Marine Mechanical Systems engineering with the customer, alliance partners and key stakeholders
- Contributing to the management of the efficient, timely and safe implementation of in-service design change, including update and upgrade activities
- Supporting the provision of authoritative evidence to demonstrate that design intent has been achieved and ensure that the design change has been holistically integrated
- Ensuring that Marine Systems inputs to the QEC Safety Case have integrity, and are comprehensive, coherent and consistent
- Providing visible active commitment to SHE, leading by example and acting on SHE concerns
- Reviewing SHE performance as part of the management agenda, take action to ensure all employees keep safe and work safe
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical Systems Engineer:
- Must be a capable and skilled mechanical engineer, with knowledge and experience in the marine systems mechanical engineering discipline
- You will have a sound mechanical engineering knowledge gained through appropriate work experience in order to apply the appropriate principles and concepts in marine systems mechanical engineering
- Must be degree qualified ideally in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Working towards CEng registration
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.