|Salary: £60 - £80 per hour
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Technology
|Contact: Patrick Spurle
|Job Published: 20 days ago
Microfocus Dimensions Data Migration Engineer
Pay Rate: up to £80p/hr (Inside IR35)
Clearance: SC required
Join the Software Product Lines and Capability UK team, a dynamic department that provides technical specialists and expertise to delivery departments. We are at the forefront of supporting internal infrastructure, tooling, and DevSecOps practices, ensuring a seamless technological environment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Microfocus Dimensions Data Migration Engineer will include:
- Learn and master the process of migrating databases from the outdated version of Dimensions to a new and supported version of the tool.
- Document the migration process meticulously, creating comprehensive guidelines for repeatability.
- Execute the migration of project data from the obsolete version of the database (on secure network 1) to the new and supported version, following a prioritized order based on business risk, usage, and priority.
- Potentially extend the migration activities to project data on secure network 2, ensuring alignment with business requirements and priorities.
What experience you need to be the successful Microfocus Dimensions Data Migration Engineer:
- In-depth knowledge of Microfocus Dimensions, with a strong understanding of the underlying database structure.
- Working knowledge of Defence/aerospace and familiarity with project environments, providing valuable insights into our specific context.
- Ability to work on-site due to the sensitive nature of the data and the necessity of network access.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Microfocus Dimensions Data Migration Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so do not miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.