|Location: Leeds, Leeds, England||Salary: + Benefits + Car|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Anthony Drewe|
Network Engineer - Client Facing
I am recruiting on behalf of my MSP (managed services) client based in Leeds who are recruiting for a client facing network engineer who will be responsible for all onsite service and support needs for the customers.
This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software, Office 365 and SharePoint. The Client Facing Network Engineer will also carry out project work and pre-Sales Audits. The Client Facing Network Engineer will be required to write technical reports and assist the Sales team as required.
Network Engineer Benefits:
- Salary - £40K+ plus an annual bonus
- A company Car plus a laptop and mobile phone
- Pension - after three months - 5%
- Five weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays and
- Training allowance.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Network Engineer Additional Duties:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer's needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise.
Network Engineer Essential Skills:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.