|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Network Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Network Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Network Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification.
This is a new opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals to deliver new and exciting IT systems into the Defence environment. Working under a Senior Engineer or Architect, the candidate will be required to assist in developing end to end IP network security solutions working in a multi-bearer, mobile environment. You will be responsible for the technical delivery of the solution from high level design to delivery and transition to service.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work undertaken, this opportunity is currently only available to British Nationals only.
What the role of the Network Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Network Engineer:
- Working to define and deliver network solutions, taking high level design documents and delivering solution
- Supporting proposal development by translating customer requirements into high level design documents
- Ensuring there is a consistent view of the deliverables from high level design, detailed design and build
- Work collaboratively and building teams to ensure the solution is documented and delivered into service following established governance processes
- Leading complex projects and tasks, solutions may have no precedence
- Provide Costing and bidding of Server and Network solutions
- Provide Design and delivery of Server and Network solutions
What experience you need to be the successful Network Engineer:
- Practical experience in network design, implementation, configuration and testing (ideally CCNA certified)
- Specific skills in network security design, implementation, configuration and testing: Firewalls, Guards, Intrusion Detection, IPSec VPN, Switch / Router clamps, IP encryption
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain SC Clearance and be willing and eligible to go through DV Clearance
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Network Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.