|Location: Warrington, Warrington, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Nuclear Safety Engineer.
Flexible on Location: Could be South West, Glasgow, Warrington + Home based.
Salary is negotiable based on your level of experience (and will be competitive).
Senior Safety Engineer - Nuclear, to join an existing dynamic team of Safety Engineers. You will have the
opportunity to manage and contribute to military and civil nuclear programmes in a number of
key areas; ranging from system specialisms to operations, decommissioning and all aspects of safety
case authorship, development, assessment, independent peer review management, reporting and
* Lead tasks and manage projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities as
defined by the Project Safety Plans and in compliance with the Safety Management System.
* Identify and create evidence to support system assurance, using safety related activities to
support the traceability of the system safety requirements, to implementation and operation.
* Carry out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements and detailed technical system
analysis, to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
* Develop safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities,
including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable,
well-constructed and justified.
* Support clients with either specification, development or delivery of their safety case delivery
and improvement programs.
* Conduct Independent Peer reviews for Nuclear Site Licensees and/or Design Authorities.
* Carry out reviews of third-party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
* University educated with a degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related discipline
* Nuclear Safety domain experience
* Demonstrable experience of the application of safety, security and risk engineering processes to identify hazards and vulnerabilities, author safety cases and justifications, assess risk and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
* Experience of working directly with clients and presenting information
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.