|Location: Bristol||Salary: £45000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Nuclear Safety Consultant.
Warrington, Bristol or Glasgow + Flexible Hybrid working.
£40,000 to £70,000 Depending on experience.
We have a number of opportunities for Nuclear Safety professionals and are open to speaking to people with experience of 2 years post Grad right up to Principal Consultant.
This description below refers to a specific client that has an exceptional track record and reputation of working in Safety Engineering across the UK.
Please take a look at the bullet points below and get in touch if you meet any if the criteria mentioned.
- We are looking for knowledge and experience of nuclear systems and nuclear safety cases, to support existing demand and also new UK nuclear projects.
- Much of the work is directly in support of site or facility, safety cases; other parts of the business also undertake systems engineering roles, and technical engineering support to safety-related nuclear systems.
- Typical duties / tasks; Safety assessment, risk assessment - hazard identification; fault schedules; design basis analysis; probabilistic analysis, safety functional requirements
- Qualification/ substantiation of systems against safety requirements.
- Internal and external hazards assessments.
- Safety case development and support for nuclear and non-nuclear plant
- Authoring, reviewing or verifying safety-related documents.
- A degree (or equivalent practical work experience) with an Engineering or relevant scientific focus
- Experience of the structure and creation of safety cases; safety requirements and safety analysis/assessment.
- Experience of UK Nuclear projects (power gen or military).
Additional Desirable skills (not essential):
- Working with safety cases for nuclear reactors or other nuclear plant.
- Formalised hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- Assessment or qualification of safety-related systems.
- Working within a consultancy environment.
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Project management exposure.
NOTE: In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.