|Location: Bristol||Salary: £40000 - £65000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Nuclear, Engineering, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Nuclear Safety Engineer
Various UK Locations (Bristol, Warrington, Surrey, Glasgow)
Flexible Working options available.
£40,000 - £65,000 dependant on your experience.
We have a great opportunity for a Nuclear Safety Engineer to work in a team that delivers large programmes to support to the existing and future UK Civil Nuclear fleet.
Working within the Nuclear Safety team, you will be working on a wide variety of projects that ensure the continued safe operation and longevity of existing nuclear assets. You will be involved in the full design life-cycle of projects, providing nuclear safety advice and developing practical solutions to engineering problems for clients across the UK.
By joining a steadily growing business, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success and develop long term relationships with various clients in the UK nuclear industry.
The role will see you provide nuclear safety advice to the design, operation and defueling of nuclear facilities. This will involve the development and production of nuclear safety documentation to ensure that licensees satisfy their nuclear site licence conditions. In this position you will liaise and work with operators, designers, key SQEPs, other customers, and technical experts internally, building strong working relationships.
Another key aspect of the role will involve the production of bids and proposals to generate and deliver business with new and existing clients; therefore good commercial acumen is a desirable skill.
Experience in some of the following items would be required:
- Hazard / fault identification methods, e.g. HAZOP, FMEA;
- Deterministic Safety Assessment
- External Hazard Assessment
- Structural Integrity Safety Case
- Probabilistic Safety Assessment
- Safety Case Preparation (EC, PoP, JCO, PCSR, etc.)
- EC production (Cat 1 and 2)
- Engineering Substantiation
- Fault Studies
- Design Authority / Engineering Technical Reports and Advice Notes
- Nuclear Safety Legislation, Regulation and Policy
- AGR, PWR and BWR Technical Specifications and Procedures
- Hold a degree in a Science, Technology or Engineering discipline;
- Be enthusiastic about their ongoing professional development, for example by being at Chartered status or have a desire to work towards chartership;
- Self-motivated and driven to accept responsibility for delivery to meet time, cost and quality objectives;
- Commercial awareness
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Flexible Working
- 25 days' holiday entitlement with sell and buy options
- Contributory pension scheme
- Professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.