|Location: Manchester||Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + car, bonus, package|
|Sector: Construction, Highways & Highways Electricals, Rail & Infrastructure, Planning and Project Controls, Planning, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Lilburn||Job Published: 20 days ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planning Manager to join an award winning consultancy, a leading name in the construction industry who are highly regarded for their expertise in delivering major projects.
The Planning Manager will join the busy team based in Manchester, they will be involved on some exciting commissions with major clients within Rail and Transport sectors across the region. Projects can be any type of civil engineering works including utilities, roads, walkways, bridges, tunnelling through electrification, signalling and other works.
- Collaborating with other disciplines of project controls, as well as other project support functions, to help deliver project goals in keeping with the client's principles of trust, transparency and teamwork.
- Maintaining an awareness of schedule interfaces with other programmes and their potential impact.
- Planning and managing the development, change and improvement of the client level 4 IMS and providing planning guidance to the project and programme team.
- Identifying, evaluating, and providing solutions to time-related issues and providing quality checks on the scheduling data.
- Assisting in the trend and change process, including analysis of schedule impact, generating performance indicators, and providing feedback on areas of risk and opportunities.
- Providing fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to the project team.
- Incorporating appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team.
- Displaying and evaluating the project critical path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action.
- Producing and maintaining project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate.
- Producing project reports or data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software.
- Understanding and reporting on a project using earned value analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team.
The Planning Manager must be able to demonstrate background of working on large infrastructure projects within the Rail or Transport sectors. In addition they will have strong Primavera P6 skills, strong NEC contract experience and possess excellent communication and client facing skills.
On offer is a competitive salary of up to £75,000 per annum plus an attractive benefits package that includes an annual car allowance of £7,500, pension, bonus, healthcare, life assurance, private medical and other great benefits.
If you are looking for a new career challenge in planning and you would like to be considered for the above opportunity then please apply by sending your CV or call Matt Lilburn on 01342 330 533 for further information quoting reference 950543.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.