|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Power Engineer needed for a leading aerospace and defence company based in Staffordshire. They are looking to employ an experienced Power Engineer who has experience using design/simulation tools such as MATLAB and Simulink also, experience in the field of power electronics. Ideally the candidate will have broad knowledge of other areas of engineering (e.g. systems, mechanical, motors, etc.)
What the role entails:
The Power Engineers will support the design, manufacture and supply of novel power dense static converters and motors. Engineers will be responsible for delivering robust and cost-effective power electronic solutions to a range of niche applications such as submarine power systems, high integrity power supplies, naval propulsion and specialist industrial drive systems. There will be involvement in all stages of the engineering lifecycle; from concept through to verification and validation of production systems.
Some of the main duties of the Power Engineer will include:
- To perform a wide range of engineering work covering all stages of the project from bid to delivery
- To plan and conduct engineering tasks requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of designs or design techniques to meet the agreed requirements
- To be accountable for the technical performance of the product
- To work closely with senior team members to plan and co-ordinate the project
- To coordinate technical activities within the team
- To be the primary technical point of contact with the customer
- To contribute to project meetings and to deliver detailed technical and progress reports
- To keep up to date with the state of the art in the chosen area by attending seminars and studying the technical literature
- Support other activities in the business such as business improvement initiatives
What you need to be the successful Power Engineer:
In order to be the successful Power Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in electrical engineering or a related discipline
- Experience using design/simulation tools such as MATLAB and Simulink
- Skills and experience in the field of power electronics
- A proven track record of product design and test in a relevant environment
- Broad knowledge of other areas of engineering (e.g. systems, mechanical, motors, etc.)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews etc.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
- Skills and experience in the 'live' testing of low voltage (i.e. <1000) electronic or electrical equipment
- Roles are subject to security clearance without restrictions
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Power Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Power Engineer role, you need to be eligible for SC security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.