|Location: Weymouth||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Principal Analyst - Sonar
Principal Analyst needed for a leading defence systems & electronics organisation based in Weymouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Analyst that takes pride in their work.
The successful Principal Analyst would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with complex sonar systems and digital signal processing, along with performance modelling of algorithms. You will also be assisting in the trialing of high tech equipment and analyzing and reporting on trials data against its intended performance requirements.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Analyst will include:
- Developing sonar processing algorithms based on the application of established digital signal processing approaches
- Selecting appropriate algorithmic techniques based upon performance requirements developed with the system design team from the customer specification
- Developing algorithms with implementation in mind (segmentation/simplification/parallelisation)
- Documenting algorithm specification and design decisions/implications/discussions
- Supporting the implementation, debugging and verification of algorithms in software, including the generation of appropriate test data
Performance Modelling, Design Trade-offs and Product Development
- Modelling algorithm performance under a wide range of realistic underwater conditions
- Modelling sonar system performance against customer requirements for the inclusion in bid responses
- Quantifying the impact of Sonar System Design decisions to the Sonar System performance, hence guiding cost effective approaches to this decision making process.
- Communicating implications of Sonar Performance related subjects with expert and non-expert audiences verbally and written
- Developing ideas for new approaches to Sonar products to improve their capability individually and collectively embracing new technologies or approaches
Support to Trials
- Specifying and oversight of trials plans/procedures to ensure appropriate data is gathered to assess Sonar System performance
- Analysing Trials data, assessing against system performance requirements
- Reporting on Trails Data analysis drawing clear conclusions on both the success of the trials and the sonar system against its performance requirements
- Report to project/product development teams on progress of assigned work packages
- To provide in-feed to design reviews and at customer presentations
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Analyst:
- Hold a relevant Bachelor's (higher degree preferred) in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering;
- Have significant experience in at least some of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Digital Signal Processing Algorithm Definition
- Trials Data Analysis
- Performance Prediction Modelling
- Performance Requirement interpretation and analysis
- Algorithmic simplification for increased computational efficiency
- Sonar domain experience in one of the above areas is highly desirable
- Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to expert and non-expert audiences
- Proficient in the use of mathematic/scientific modelling tools e.g. MATLAB
- Experience of being able to set and meet deadlines
- Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC) or higher with no caveats.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.