|Location: Bristol||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sophia Broad||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Principal Engineer - Structures
Principal Engineer - Structures needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Bristol. The ideal candidate will have experience in the structural design of frigate-type vessels or commercial ship design. As Princiapl Engineer - Structures you will be responsible for carrying out complex technical analysis and investigations involving the design and calculation of ship scantlings and equipment seating.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant Engineering degree and due to the nature of the role you will need to either hold current SC Clearance or be eligible to obtain this level of security clearance.
Can be based out of multiple sites throughout the UK, however this is a hybrid position in favour of remote working.
What the Princiapl Engineer - Structures role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Engineer - Structures role will include:
- Producing structural design solutions, supported by calculations, for either ship scantling issues or seat designs as required.
- Liaising with the Detail Design community and equipment owners to unblock issues preventing the conclusion of structural design activities.
- Preparing Design sketches of structural solutions as required.
- Checking and peer review of team members calculations and analysis as required identifying quality themes and additional training requirements as applicable.
- Coaching and developing more junior engineers within the team.
- Managing the team at a working level to deliver planned commitments on time and to the required quality standard.
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Engineer - Structures:
- Experience leading a team.
- Ability to assess and check structural drawings and calculations.
- Good knowledge of the use of Classification Society rules and processes, preferably Lloyd's Register Naval Ship Rules.
- Experience in employing shock loads to a structural design.
- Chartered or working towards is preferred.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Engineer - Structures to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.