|Location: Bristol, Bristol, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Principal Human Factors Engineer (Defence Industry).
Locations open with remote working - Bristol, Glasgow, Chester, Yeovil, West Sussex.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus and Generous Benefits package.
Employee health and well-being matters to this comoany and as such they offer you the flexibility to do what's important to you; whether that's part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times to suit you. Where possible, they support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your own personal ambitions and outside work commitments.
This company is a place where people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, they design ground breaking solutions that make tomorrow's technology possible.
They offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us, they research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer.
The key industry sectors they work in are Aerospace, Defence, Transportation, Security and Space.
The role of Principal Human Factors Engineer
It is an exciting time for this UK based Engineering Team and we have an opportunity to join as a Principal Human Factors Engineer alongside a diverse team of specialists aligned to a real broad portfolio of internal and external projects and bids.
As member of the Systems Engineering Team you will focus on the successful delivery of a range of solutions to a wide variety of customers in both Civil and Military domains.
This could include:
- Acting as the HF IVVQM (Independent Verification Validation Qualification Manager)
- Supporting one or more projects, in a range of domains encompassing Land, Sea and Air defence products
- Supporting less experienced Human Factors Engineers in their planning and execution of Human Factors activities
Key responsibilities & tasks:
You will report directly to the UK Head of Human Factors and the Solutions Engineering Manager on the particular project/program being supported. As an expert in Human Factors Engineering you will be responsible for implementing Human Factors best practice methodologies.
The role will typically include the following:
- Provide Human Factors support to projects and bids with minimal supervision
- For larger projects, provide leadership to more junior Human Factors Engineers
- Apply a range of HF methods and tools principles to solution/product design
We are looking for an innovative and forward thinking individual with the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- Good knowledge of HF in civil and/or military Land, Sea and/or Air domains
- Ability to apply a range of HF methods and tools principles to solution/product design such as:
- task analysis
- workstation and workplace design
- control room design
- workload assessment
- HCI/HMI design and assessment
- HRA (Human Reliability Analysis)
- manpower assessment
- TNA (Training Needs Analysis), and
- cybersecurity and Human Factors
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.