|Location: Surrey||Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Principal Network Engineer
Surrey + Hybrid Working
£45,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Principal Network Engineer needed for a leading defence & security organisation with offices in Surrey who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Network Engineer that takes pride in their work.
As a Principal Network Engineer, you will be delivering an integrated, performant Network system as part of a larger Combat System product in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Network engineering team leader. You will be working on the design, implementation and integration of a network being developed in a lab environment for a highly confidential UK military project.
What the role of the Principal Network Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Network Engineer will include:
- Design, Installation and configuration of a complex network architecture to ensure the network meets its availability and performance requirements
- Resolution and implementation of solutions to Observations raised on the network sub-system
- Undertaking investigations into operational problems or developments and developing and preparing solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Network Engineer:
- Experience of producing and reviewing network high level and low level designs (HLD and LLD)
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Current Juniper JNCIA, and JNCIS or JNCIP certification
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- Administration and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 Enterprise
- Experience of other operating/hypervisor systems including VMware ESXi Server 6, Linux (RedHat)
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies (iSCSI)
- Registered as Chartered Engineer or equivalent or capable of achieving registration through an Engineering Council licenced Institution within a period of 12 months
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and Solarwinds
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Network Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.