|Location: Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Principal Requirements Engineer
Principal Requirements Engineer needed for a leading aerospace engineering organisation based in Bournemouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Requirements Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of requirements management using DOORS and aircraft avionic systems.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline and a keen interest in avionic systems. An aerospace / defence background is essential, if you are currently Security Cleared that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Requirements Engineer will include:
- Contribute to proposing technology roadmaps and technical strategy.
- Contribute for Technology Team Cost Estimation.
- Writing of technical proposals in support of new bids, understanding, negotiating and presenting existing capability and new customer requirements
- Understanding and reviewing systems, software, hardware, test and integration documentation to confirm that the software, hardware and architecture design are compliant
- Fulfil tasks to agreed time, budget and quality
- Carry out requirements engineering/management and engineering design methods as required
- Recognising the need for and proposing process and product improvements to ensure best practice and compliance with relevant standards (including safety)
- Travel within the UK and overseas to support business needs as necessary
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Requirements Engineer:
- More than 10 years' experience in integration and specifying Special Mission Aircraft Systems relating to either ISTAR, SAR, EW, SA, LVC roles
- Detailed knowledge of requirements management using DOORS
- Knowledge of aircraft avionic systems.
- Knowledge of EASA certification requirements and processes.
- SC Security Clearance (or ability to obtain)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Requirements Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role candidates must be willing and able to obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.