|Location: Sevenoaks||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Construction, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Principal Structural Engineer
Principal Structural Engineer required to join the growing team of the highways sector for a leading civil engineering and construction organisation based in Sevenoaks. As Principal Structural Engineer, you will lead the design development and delivery throughout all project stages. You will liaise with clients, contractors and third parties. Interfacing with other disciplines such as Term, Civils, Structures, Rail and Highways is also an integral part of the role. Working from home will be available, with an onsite presence as required.
The successful Principal Structural Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or hold an equivalent professional/vocational qualification, in a subject such as Civil or Structural Engineering. Relevant association membership/accreditation would be a major advantage. You will have significant experience of structural and highway engineering and urban design within a consultancy environment and be familiar with local government and private sector clients. In addition to this, experience in general inspection and principal inspection is desired.
Some of the main duties of the Principal Structural Engineer will include:
- Developing and managing a team to deliver consultancy structural engineering services through a range of technical disciplines for varied projects and clients.
- Having a thorough understanding of the DMRB, EN Eurocodes and national guidance to ensure all designs and deviations meet best practice, appropriate regulations and company policies.
- Assessing and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Keeping up to date with technical and legislative developments and seek opportunities to develop professional profile such as giving presentations to relevant conferences/meetings/professional bodies and participation in technical committees for trade organisations and standards
- Conducting site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients, and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings.
- Contributing to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost-effective strategies and design solutions.
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Structural Engineer:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered or near chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE),
- Hold a CSCS card and relevant health and safety certifications.
- Have the necessary financial abilities to manage and control of projects from estimation to completion
This really is an incredible opportunity for an experienced Principal Structural Engineer to enhance their career with a very well known company. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible or get in touch with me straight away to discuss this role in more detail.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.