|Location: Wembley, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Principal Systems Engineer
Principal Systems Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based near Wembley who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of defence systems and full project life cycle.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in Engineering and have a keen interest in defence systems. If you have commercial experience in the defence sector that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Systems Engineer will include:
- Developing solutions, and being involved through the full lifecycle
- Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
- Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
- Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
- Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Systems Engineer:
- A background within the defence / military sector
- Be able to gather data in order to draw valid and justifiable conclusions.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and possess the empathy and skill to adapt your communication style to build rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work.
- Be capable of actively growing your network across the business, building trusting relationships and positively influencing others in order to deliver upon your objectives.
- Be willing to coach/mentor less senior members of the team to aid and monitor their development, providing feedback to performance reviews.
Must be eligible for SC Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.