|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Procurement Manager needed for a globally-recognised Defence organisation based in Milton Keynes who are looking to employ an experienced Procurement Manager with an in-depth knowledge of subcontract and supply-chain management, and the Defence Industry.
The successful Procurement Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
* 9-day fortnight, average 37.5-hour week
* 25 days holiday
* DC Pension (employer: employee = 2:1 up to 10% employer)
* Life assurance: 4x basic salary
* Sickness & Accident Plan: 6 months full pay
* Income Protection: 75% of salary
* Individual BUPA Health Cover -No additional cost except tax
* Health & Wellness flexible package: £120 per year
* Fitness Centre Reimbursement: £120 per year
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Relocation Assistance: £5k cash / £8k scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Bonus plan and car allowance only available to Executive and Sales roles.
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Manager will include:
* Specific responsibilities may extend across the product life cycle from bid to in service support and include:
* Acting as the LM representative both Internally and Externally for their Subcontracts
* Managing supplier performance to meet Technical, Schedule, Quality and Cost requirements
* Managing risks, opportunities and business dependencies and deliverables
* Managing the subcontract life cycle
* Ensuring that contract requirements are met in full and ensuring risks impacts are mitigated
* Ensuring that the sub contract schedule and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
* Completing internal and external reviews (deep dives) on sub-contractor performance as required
* Advising the Supply Chain Programme Lead /Programme Manager M of any issues and risks and acting as the SME for their subcontracts
* Leading the SMT
* Performance reporting to Programme and Business Metrics as part of the Business Rhythm
* Managing any supplier improvement programme working with the Supply Chain Excellence Manager
What you need to be the successful Procurement Manager:
* Demonstrable success as supply chain professional delivering against requirements for complex subcontracts (build to print - system design to specification)
* Experience in working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
* Strong procurement/commercial, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
* Capable of identifying and mitigating risks and effective issue resolution.
* Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
* Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
* Confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
* Team player with management skills.
* Very good communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Flexibility to travel as required.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
(BRITISH PASSPORT ONLY!)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.