|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £37000 - £42000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 6 days ago|
A Procurement Officer is required for my client in Bristol to provide procurement support to the day to day operation of current programmes and bids internally and help to ensure that supply chain activities are managed effectively in the interests of the business and to ensure that projects are delivered successfully. The procurement officer can expect a salary between £37,000 - £42,000 + some excellent benefits:
Group Personal Pension Scheme
Employee Share Scheme
Life Assurance (4x Salary)
Private Medical Insurance (Pmi)
o 25 Days Holiday Per Year
o 26 Days After 3 Years Service
o 27 Days After 5 Years Service
Sick Pay Entitlement - 15 Days
Child Care Vouchers
Personal Achievement Training
Due to the nature of the business you will need to be put through SC clearance, so please only apply if this is possible.
- Preparation and analysis of requests for quotation and statements of work to suppliers to meet the requirements and demands of the business and projects including running supplier competitions where appropriate
- Production and coordination of purchase requisitions and the administration and management of purchase orders and sub-contracts to maximize profitability and ensure timely achievement of project objectives.
- Preparation and administration of sub-contracts, statements of work and order amendments
- Processing of supplier invoices ensuring all deliverables have been met and appropriate budget holder sign-off is obtained in a timely manner
- Liaison with the project team to help define project procurement requirements and the sourcing of goods and services to meet expectations.
- Analysis of due diligence information and approval of suppliers prior to inclusion onto the Company Approved Suppliers List
- Conducting supplier progress reviews and audits to ensure on time delivery, quality and contracted obligations are being met
- Maintain key supplier performance metrics and contribute to internal and Corporate reporting requirements
- Manage the generation and administration of procurement processes and procedures within the business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Prioritise own workload and organise own time to achieve objectives
- Proactive style and flexible attitude to scope of role
- Seek to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within own role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Contribute as an effective team member
- Ability to work with and deal with individuals at all levels of business both internally and externally
- High standard of technical skills including MS Office particularly Excel
- Part or full CIPS qualification
So if you have what it takes to be a Procurement Office and don't want to miss out on taking your career where you want it then apply now!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.