|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Procurement Manager needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Bournemouth. They're looking to employ an experienced Procurement Manager who will focus around building engagement with current key suppliers as well as identifying new ones, development of a KPIs and supplier performance model and managing renewal quotes/ competing supplier bid process.
The successful Procurement Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Manager will include:
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Detailed Supplier Performance Management against development and programmatic milestones
- Identify and manage risks associated with key and major subcontracts
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders across CAVS UK and key suppliers
- Preparing tender packs, evaluating tender proposals, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements as required
- Assessing the Make vs Buy and provide pay back justifications
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with suppliers whilst applying sound commercial judgement and ensuring compliance with the policies; insurance requirements; confidentiality requirements; and 'flow down' requirements from customer contracts
- Drive improved profitability and Programme cost reduction through re-use, best practice processes and knowledge sharing.
- Manage and control all subcontract documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting internal Phase Reviews/Approvals ensuring that all required approvals are obtained prior to executing a subcontract
- Ensuring integrity of commercial in confidence, security classified and export-controlled information
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members to take positive action and accountability.
What you need to be the successful Procurement Manager:
In order to be the successful Procurement Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Extensive background working as a subcontract manager responsible for the entire purchasing process and project lifecycle from Development through to In Service Support (ISS).
- Experience working on complex development engineering Programmes in an Aerospace Engineering organisation, and managing suppliers against development/delivery milestones
- Familiar with working in cross function project teams, accountable to both Project Manager and Functional Leadership
- An understanding of EASA regulations that have supply chain implications such as Part 21G, J, and 145.
- An advanced knowledge and experience of procurement and contract management principles
- Expertise in various contract types and managing the flow down conditions
- Experienced in managing suppliers to the standards of AS9100D and/or ISO 9001:2015,.
- Experience with project management principles and working as part of a Programme or project team
- Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognise risk elements in business transactions and develop strategies for mitigating risk
- Reporting out Supply Chain progress to senior level business stakeholders.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.