|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Procurement Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in High Wycombe. They're looking to employ an experienced Procurement Manager who will ensure that project procurement activities meet Quality, Cost and Delivery targets. You will provide clear guidance, plans and actions on supply chain delivery to management team and be the key point of contact for all procurement activities for projects
The successful Procurement Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Manager will include:
- Develop and implement a project procurement strategy, incorporating QCD improvements, providing direction to the buying team to ensure effective implementation of new supplier introduction, product change and new products.
- As a senior member of the department, provide cover and delegate for the Head of Supply Chain as required, also providing leadership and support as a role model for the Supply Chain team.
- Provide procurement analysis of sourcing and cost data for new bids and quotes utilizing the buying team, then reporting to programme management and commercial departments.
- Generate monthly reports and give regular feedback on procurement actions to support successful delivery of projects to management.
- Lead cross functional team reviews to support continuous improvement plans, procurement solutions for late delivery of parts, lead and manage project material shortage meetings and produce minutes'/action plans to ensure delivery of parts, on time/right first time.
- Represent the business at other external and internal departmental meetings where supply chain input is required.
- Develop initiatives that ensure KPI metrics reflect continuous improvement and actions are progressed in line with company expectations.
- Identify and implement strategic procurement process improvements and introduce best practice procurement and supply chain management techniques.
- Lead key supplier communication updates and meetings, producing minutes and actions to be shared with management.
- Be responsible for selecting new sources of supply and negotiating commercial agreements, terms and conditions, Service Agreements and leveraging preferential terms for the business.
- Lead & facilitate supplier/component development workshops as required.
- Prepare and issue Request for Proposal's, Request for Quotation and Non-disclosure agreements.
- Ensure that new supplier and parts have all necessary supplier quality, commodity and IFS cost data set up.
- Communicate, monitor and report supplier performance to compliment operational objectives on costs, cash-flow, quality, delivery and inventory.
What you need to be the successful Procurement Manager:
In order to be the successful Procurement Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience of procurement in the Defence sector desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and MRP systems (IFS, SAP or ORACLE)
- SC cleared beneficial
- Experience of purchasing low volume, high value products
- CIPS qualified beneficial but not essential
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.