|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Procurement Manager needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Milton Keynes who are looking to employ an experienced Procurement Manager with an in-depth knowledge of organising and managing various contracts and associated sub-contracts, with particular experience within the defence sector.
The successful Procurement Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
* 9-day fortnight working pattern
* Good pension
* Life assurance
* Health care
* More details on application…
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Manager will include:
* Managing the subcontract life cycle
* Ensuring that subcontract commercial requirements are met
* Supporting internal and external reviews on subcontractor performance as required
* Advising the Sub Contract Programme Manager of any subcontracting issues and risks they identify
* Acting as the commercial SME for their subcontracts
* Supporting and advising Sub Contract Management Team members on subcontractor matters
* Exceptionally and by specific agreement only providing the services above to a designated Sub Contract Manager
* Contributing to the continual improvement of the supply chain processes
What you need to be the successful Procurement Manager:
In order to be the successful Procurement Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience and proven success as supply chain professional and in managing complex contracts
* Strong commercial and analytical skills
* Experience of establishing and maintaining contractual baselines, developing and implementing terms and conditions and non-disclosure agreements
* Ability to deliver against contractual financial and technical goals
* Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
* Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
* A self-starter, with the ability to innovate and think laterally
* Team player able to work across functions and disciplines.
* Good communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Flexibility to travel as required
*Must be eligible for Security Clearance - British Passport Required! *
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.