|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £23000 - £28000 per annum|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Procurement Administrator needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised security and aerospace company based in Havant.
Purpose of the Procurement Administrator:
The Procurement Administrator is responsible for conducting and supporting procurement activities related to the acquisition of general goods and services to meet programme schedule, quality and cost objectives.
This is an ideal position for somebody who has just started their CIPS qualification or just done their Law Degree (LLB)
Some of the main duties the Procurement Administrator will include:
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies in conjunction with the project management team to satisfy programme objectives;
- Negotiating non-standard terms and purchase agreements as required to meet set objectives;
- Supporting the department in related activities throughout the procurement life cycle.
- To develop purchasing plans and strategy for procurements, identifying risks and exposures and negotiating terms and conditions and/or strategy for dealing with them.
- To prepare invitations to tender.
- To evaluate tenders including fact-finding of suppliers' proposals.
- To negotiate price and contract terms with suppliers.
- Act as the focal point for contractual communication with suppliers. This involves monitoring supplier performance and compliance with contract terms, interfacing with the suppliers' counterpart and management, as necessary, to resolve contract compliance and invoicing issues or problems.
- To negotiate contract changes and resolution of disputes with the suppliers when necessary.
What you need to be the successful Procurement Administrator:
- Commercial acumen
- Be numerate
- Tact and diplomacy
- Negotiation planning and execution (not essential)
- Presentation planning and execution (not essential)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Administrator to progress their career within the engineering industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.