|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £30000 - £37000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Procurement Representative needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Procurement Representative with experience with procurement policies and procedures, draft and negotiate standard/template procurement terms and confidentiality agreements and the ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve multiple, often conflicting, deadlines.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Representative will include:
This position reports to the Procurement & Contracts Manager - the individual will be authorised to negotiate and make binding decisions on behalf of the company, subject to appropriate approvals and serves as a primary interface with internal customers and external suppliers. Responsibilities include developing and implementing procurement strategies in conjunction with the various stakeholder teams to satisfy programme objectives; assist in negotiating non-standard terms and agreements as required to meet set objectives.
The role also includes reviewing supplier proposals, negotiating price, selecting and recommending suppliers, analysing trends, following up orders placed and expediting where required, verifying delivery, approving payment, and maintaining necessary records to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders. The procurement representative will also be required prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
Undertake Source Selection:
- Issue and analyse Request for Quotes (RFQ's)
- Vetting of responses
- Assist with or make sourcing recommendations as appropriate and identify risks
- Finalise and place Purchase Orders in accordance with the UK Acquisition Procedures and systems.
- Participate and lead as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation
- Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner
- Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity
- Negotiate non-standard agreements with support as appropriate
- Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate
- Will assume additional responsibility as directed
What you need to be the successful Procurement Representative:
In order to be the successful Procurement Representative and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Strong in working with procurement policies and procedures
- Flexible approach and self-motivated in achieving personal targets/objectives, with the ability to perform with professionalism at all times
- Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
- Develop strong positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to take ownership of procurement initiatives
- Draft and negotiate standard/template procurement terms and confidentiality agreements
- Strong administrative skills
- Data literate with strong analytical skills
- Experience in IT/computing procurement/Telecoms
- Category Management Skills
- Experience in indirect procurement
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Representative to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.