|Location: Fareham, Hampshire||Salary: £25000 - £29000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Meg Easterbrook|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Representative to join an innovative and highly-reputable defence company down near Fareham.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Representative to join the procurement team in Fareham to authorise and negotiate decisions on behalf of the company.
Further details on the responsibilities can be found below.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Representative:
- Developing and implementing procurement strategies in conjunction with the various stakeholder teams.
- Assist in negotiating non-standard terms and agreements as required to meet set objectives.
- Reviewing supplier proposals, negotiating price, selecting and recommending suppliers, following up placed orders and expediting where required.
- Analysing trends, verifying delivery, approving payment
- Maintaining necessary records to provide excellent customer service to the stakeholders
- Prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages
- Undertake source selection:
- Issue and analyse Request for Quotes, and vetting of responses
- Assist with or make sourcing recommendations as appropriate and identify risks
- Finalise and place PO's in accordance with the UK acquisition procedures and systems
- Conduct negotiations
- Participate and lead as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation.
- Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limited and in a timely manner.
- Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity.
- Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate
- Negotiate non-standard agreements with support as appropriate
Location of the Procurement Representative
This role will be based just outside of Fareham in Hampshire.
Full location disclosed on application
Required Skills and Qualifications of the Procurement Representative
- Strong procurement background, including procurement policies and procedures.
- Eager to achieve personal targets and objectives
- Ability to plan and prioritise works to achieve multiple deadlines.
- Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Excellent customer facing skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong administrative skills
Benefits of the Procurement Representative Role
We can pay up to £29K plus fantastic flexible benefits for the position of Procurement Representative.
For more specifics on the whole package please do make an application.
How to Apply
Please call Meg Easterbrook at Gold Group on 01342 330503 quoting 'Procurement Representative' Or click 'Apply Now!'
Reference: Meg Procurement Representative
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.