|Location: Warwickshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 23 days ago|
£50,000 to £60,000 + car & package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Surveyor to join a leading main contractor delivering a major infrastructure project in the West Midlands. The Procurement Surveyor will be joining a busy and growing procurement team and working closely with the Commercial Manager and Procurement Director.
The Procurement Surveyor will be responsible for ensuring subcontracts are awarded in line with the main contractors minimum commercial expectations and that they pass an appropriate level of risk from the main contract to the subcontractor. Some of your other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that tenders remain competitive and are fully equalised
- Offering commercial advice and supporting less experienced team members from a non-commercial background as required
- Liaise with the other department heads to agree non-standard subcontract terms and propose alternative terms
- Manage both new opportunities and risks, promoting a risk management culture within the delivery and management teams
- Taking responsibility for initiating and leading on tasks and other processes whilst also taking accountability
Procurement Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have previously worked for a UK based main contractor within the civil engineering, infrastructure or utilities sectors. You'll also need to be able to demonstrate a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and hold a degree or masters in Quantity Surveying or another construction related area.
In return, the Procurement Surveyor can expect a rewarding career that includes exposure to a major project, the stability and security that comes from working for a top tier main contractor and a generous salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £50,000 to £60,000
- Company car or travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group today on 01342 330 539.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.