|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £35000 - £43000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Oil & Gas, Defence, Nuclear, Engineering, Safety||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Product Safety Engineer
£35,000 - £43,000 + Benefits and Bonus.
We have a brilliant opportunity for highly motivated Product Safety Engineers looking for a career step forward into a dynamic and challenging engineering environment.
We are working in partnership with one of the world's leading defence companies with a wide portfolio of technically challenging products and services.
The product portfolio includes some amazing pieces of kit such as radars, torpedoes, anti-mine products, and high-tech information systems.
Based in Portsmouth, this role will provide a Safety Engineer who has the behaviours, capability and experience to develop efficient yet effective safety arguments for technically complex products with the opportunity for long term career growth and development, working on unique and exciting projects across our extensive maritime portfolio.
Your main responsibilities as a Product Safety Engineer will involve:
- Providing credible advice and guidance to project teams and our MOD customer on Product Safety, COSHH and other occupational safety issues;
- Ensuring that safety considerations are an integral part of the design process and take cognisance of the whole product lifecycle;
- Preparing, maintaining and managing the implementation of project Safety Management Systems evolving them where necessary to ensure that product safety can be managed in a cost-effective manner;
- Cultivating the safety argument for all products and services delivered by the project, employing all required facets of the product safety lifecycle in accordance with Product Safety Policy;
- Ensuring that the standards of Product Safety defined by statutory, business and customer requirements are observed in the design of the Product(s) produced by, or resulting from the project (e.g. DSA02-DMR, Def Stan 00-056).
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree within an Engineering and or Safety discipline or equivalent qualification or experience;
- Understanding of the principles of SFAIRP and ALARP.
- Demonstrable experience of operating across the whole engineering lifecycle;
- Demonstrable track record of managing and delivering Product Safety tasks;
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.