|Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Nuclear, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Project Administrator needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Rugeley who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Project Administrator that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of project and material management and project support office experience.
The position of Project Administrator is to support the project / programme manager with various tasks including preparation and maintenance of project reports, monitoring project activities, and inventory management.
- Competitive salary
- Fixed bonus
- 25 days holiday (with extra days purchasing available)
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Fridays
- On site parking
- Pension schemes
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Administrator will include:
- Support the Project/Programme Manager by successfully managing assigned tasks/projects including the total management of small or non-technical projects meeting agreed time, cost, quality and any other specific objectives.
- Problem solving and negotiating priorities through manufacturing, through attendance at production planning meetings and regular reviews.
- Preparation and maintenance of project reports (i.e. cost to complete. Project plan, sales etc.) Maximising use of all available project management tools.
- Liaise with Engineering, Projects and Production regarding priorities & updates.
- Plan, date, maintain and monitor project activities and shop orders to give priorities for material requirements.
- Ensure correct loading of engineering structures to create accurate manufacturing standards bills of material.
- To plan picking/kitting activities for current and future production build working within stores and production resource limits.
- To progress and investigate any shop order shortages.
- To maintain IFS data integrity, develop, test and implement future business enhancements.
- To handle any issues and rejections of material.
- Project MRP - Control and monitoring of all aspects from start of contract implementation to completion and shipment, including the creation, maintaining and implementation of netting groups.
- Complete inventory management of parts including product life cycle management, ageing and obsolescence control.
What experience you need to be the successful Project Administrator:
- At least 2 years project and materials management and project support office experience
- Strong critical path analysis skills, able to analyse schedules and develop viable action plans.
- Ability to implement change management for program planning.
- Understanding of a product development process in a business or engineering environment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and manage program plans and schedules.
- Analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to be diplomatically persuasive or assertive where necessary.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
- Strong people skills.
- Experience with planning tools such as MRP/ERP systems.
- Proven experience of subcontract management is an advantage
- Engineering, Manufacturing or Project Management qualifications desirable
- Higher education HNC/D - preferable in business, operations or a technical subject, or similar.
- Microsoft Project, Access, Word, Excel and Power point.
- Understanding of Risk Management.
- Critical Path and backwards scheduling experience.
- Understanding of PMRP and netting groups.
- Experience of working in a continual improving and changing environment and have the ability to create and maintain process's and carry out any relevant identified training.
- Have an understanding of complex multi-level BOM's.
Must be eligible for SC Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.