|Location: Longstanton, Cambridgeshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Job Title - Project Co-ordinator (highways)
Location - Oakington, Cambridgeshire
Contracted hours - 48 Hours
Project co-ordinator needed for a specialist construction and engineering company based near Oakington who are looking to employ a project co-ordinator with an in-depth knowledge of street works legislation and permit schemes.
Job Description for a project co-ordinator:
* Completing job packs in a timely manner prior to sites commencing i.e rate cards, item codes.
* Co-operate with highways, customers, clients, residents, business owners traffic management to progress works accordingly
* Dealing with all permits for the civils teams, reinstatement teams and TM operatives, to ensure necessary DFE's have been approved.
* Planning and prioritising the daily activities associated with operational delivery for direct teams and sub-contractors in order to achieve a minimum of given amount of revenue weekly per team
* Working with 2-hour emergency responses to assign certain roles
* Assisting and updating timesheets and wages, price works and day works
* Dealing with the clients queries promptly and effectively, escalating to relevant stakeholder where appropriate.
* Arrange pre-site surveys with the client, council, JHG staff and other key stakeholders to capture information with regards to any potential changes to plan, DFEs, special permit conditions etc
* Organise the routine stock takes, ordering of stock and materials where required.
* Updating timesheets and wages, price works and day works
* Assist site agents to ensure that the correct labour/plant/materials are on site as required
* Prepare quotes when necessary
* Process and apply for DFEs where required
* Working closely with other operational teams to make sure all KPI's are met
* Tracking daily interim reports to check if payment is due on a project, this includes completing the document and payment on internal databases
* Retrieve STATS for areas for Project Managers when required - water, electric, gas, BT and Linesearch
* Updating in house and client databases to fit the project.
* Reviewing and processing invoices
Key Skills needed to be a project co-ordinator:
* Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and achieve deadlines
* Good eye for detail, completing work with a high degree of accuracy
* Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment taking commercially astute decisions
* Good people management skills, enjoys interacting with people
* Able to give and take instruction, constructive feedback and maintain respect
* Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
* Wants to be part of a team and succeed as a team
* Interpret data accurately that is presented and use appropriately in decision making
* Good communication skill, both written and verbal
* Good IT skills, competent with the use of internet, email and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Motivated and enthusiastic, able to work independently using own initiative as well as part of a dynamic team
* Planning experience within the telecoms industry is preferred but not essential
* NRSWA competent with awareness of permitting and noticing
To be a project co-ordinator you will need knowledge of:
* NRSWA/HAUC knowledge
* Knowledge of permit schemes
* Reinstatement knowledge
* Plant/Transport knowledge
* Defect Knowledge (Section 72's)
* Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) Knowledge
* Communications network knowledge of chambers, cabinets and miscellaneous items awareness