|Location: Edinburgh||Salary: £48000.00 - £54000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Hannah Baker||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Project Manager X2
Project Managers needed for a well-known construction organisation based in Edinburgh who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Project Managers that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate must be either electrical or mechanical bias and have a keen interest in management and supervision of life cycle and facilities based minor and major projects. If you come from a healthcare background that will be a bonus!
- Salary: 48,000 - £54,000 per annum
- 5% bonus
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 2xtimes annual salary
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Management and supervision of life cycle and facilities based minor and major projects.
- Team management, facilitating appropriate project work as well as repair to systems, plant or equipment to the required standard.
- Management and supervision of sub-contractors / third parties required as part of project work, including setting to work briefs, site inductions and security clearance.
- Ensuring effective communications and working relationships are enhanced with key stakeholders by regularly exceeding the standard of information and work delivered.
- Support the Account Director with day-to-day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
- Develop effective working relationships with appropriate parties at all levels.
- Ability to accurately produce and analyse technical drawings.
- Manage time effectively to ensure tasks are handled accurately and in time ensuring a high standard of delivery to the business and client.
- Identify, implement and comply with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company and client procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, maintaining up to date knowledge including CDM regulations.
- Prioritisation of work schedules and projects, delivering on time in full and to budget.
What experience you need to be the successful Project Manager:
- Project management qualification e.g. PRINCE 2, Agile etc or willingness to work towards
- City & Guilds / HNC / HND / NEBOSH or equivalent qualifications
- Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including demonstrable evidence of the application of project management processes
- Proven knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act
- Budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors
- Previous work experience in the nuclear sector / industrial environment advantageous
- Strong understanding of the need for quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation * Proven ability in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities
- Experience of supervising and setting contractors/sub-contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team
- Strong networking ability in order to keep up to date with innovations/new practices that will add value
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.