|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
An Experienced Project Manager is needed for a leading defence company within the UK, for their site in Bedford. My client is looking to employ an experienced Project Manager with a keen interest, and ideally a proven working history in the defence and aerospace industry.
The successful Project Manager will be given the chance to work on extremely exciting projects that are at the forefront of our national defence. It is a real opportunity to be included on a project with a lot of job satisfaction.
What the role as Project Manager entails:
Some of the main duties of the project manager role will include:
- Planning and management of internal and contracted projects.
- Working to plans and budgets, developing and reviewing the project budget.
- Maintenance of project schedules
- Raising PO's and invoices.
- Leading the team and being the main point of contact for the project
- Taking responsibility for the project
- Supporting other avenues of the business and working within other teams. Maintaining these relationships between internal and external colleagues.
- Project reporting accurately
- Understanding the needs of the project and finding solutions for any issue.
- Completing documents and reports.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous and proven work experience as a project manager/ programme manager
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Sound knowledge of MS Project and Office applications
- A relevant degree is preferred
- Driving license is not essential but certainly desirable.
- Great client facing skills
- Effective time management & leadership skills
- A keen interest in the aerospace or defence industries (ideally work history in this field too)
Please note that due to the nature of the client and industry, we cannot confirm the full benefits package of the project manager position, however we can confirm the below:
- You will be working for a company with career progression & regular salary reviews
- The role will be extremely rewarding and you will feel very valued.
- Working within an excellent team.
- Generous pension
- Good annual leave entitlement
If you want to know monetary benefits, please do call Meg Easterbrook on 01342 330503.
How to apply for this role:
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
You can either apply directly on this website, or call Meg Easterbrook on 01342 330503.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.