|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Project Manager needed for a globally recognised Nuclear and Defence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Project that takes pride in their work with a Project Management qualification such as Prince 2 or APM, with Project management experience within a regulated industry, strong risk management and sound project finance control within reporting periods. Will have experience of creating and maintaining project schedules from scratch. Good forecasting to achieve stated targets is essential.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Undertake tasks / programme manage projects as directed by the Programme Manager
- Effective co-ordination of change control and claim management
- Take responsibility for the assigned project(s) from all aspects, leading the project team to deliver nominated projects within timescales and budgets.
- Organise, plan and progress, monitor and report on all aspects of the allocated project (technical, timescales, cost and risk)
- Manage the interface with the Customer and key suppliers
- Represent the Company at meetings (internal and external) and provide minutes and/or reports as required.
- Ensure that all communications from the project team, both verbal and written, are clear, unambiguous and correctly routed.
- Prepare and contribute to bids as required, including generating technical proposals and cost estimates within agreed (often-short) timescales.
- Achieving customer satisfaction through an understanding of their needs and drivers.
- Working with Business Development in the establishment and improvement of customer relationships and supporting new business
- Delivering project financial performance that matches or exceeds budget
- Identification and management of project risk and issues
- Identification for opportunities to expand business areas, through project scope increases
- Understanding and reporting project performance - this includes providing effective leadership and taking appropriate action where team performance deviates.
What experience you need to be the successful Project Manager:
- Project Management qualification such as Prince 2 or APM with Project management experience within a regulated industry
- Experienced in project management having 3-5 years minimum.
- Technical experience within a regulated industry
- Good commercial awareness within bid management and contract review.
- Strong Risk management and sound project finance control within reporting periods. Will have experience of creating and maintaining project schedules from scratch. Good forecasting to achieve stated targets is essential.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage multi-functional project teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions
- Good oral and written communication
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Project Manger position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.