|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Project Manager
Salary: Negotiable + Package
Key Skills: Project Manager, Defence, Aerospace, Nuclear, Safety Critical, NPI, Concept, Lifecycle, Programme, Bid, Proposal, FOAKE, DOORS, P6
An experienced Project Manager is required for a multinational defence organisation based in Dorset. They are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Project Manager that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of First of A Kind Engineering (FOAKE), Bids including technical proposals, and creating / maintaining project schedules from scratch.
The Project Manager will provide control and leadership for project and bids, to be able to deliver projects to time and cost targets.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Project Manager?
- Providing control and leadership for projects and bids, to deliver projects to time and cost targets.
- Undertake tasks / programme manage projects as directed by the Programme Manager
- Effective co-ordination of change control and claim management
- Take responsibility for the assigned project(s) from all aspects, leading the project team to deliver nominated projects within timescales and budgets.
- Organise, plan and progress, monitor and report on all aspects of the allocated project (technical, timescales, cost and risk)
- Manage the interface with the Customer and key suppliers
- Represent the Company at meetings (internal and external) and provide minutes and/or reports as required.
- Ensure that all communications from the project team, both verbal and written, are clear, unambiguous and correctly routed.
- Prepare and contribute to bids as required, including generating technical proposals and cost estimates within agreed (often-short) timescales.
- Achieving customer satisfaction through an understanding of their needs and drivers.
- Working with Business Development in the establishment and improvement of customer relationships and supporting new business
- Delivering project financial performance that matches or exceeds budget
- Identification and management of project risk and issues
- Identification for opportunities to expand business areas, through project scope increases
- Understanding and reporting project performance - this includes providing effective leadership and taking appropriate action where team performance deviates.
What are we looking for in our next Project Manager?
- Hold a Project Management qualification such as Prince 2 or APM within a regulated industry
- Experienced in project management having 3-5 years minimum.
- Good commercial awareness within bid management and contract review.
- Strong Risk management and sound project finance control within reporting periods. Will have experience of creating and maintaining project schedules from scratch. Good forecasting to achieve stated targets is essential.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions
- Good oral and written communication
- Experience within organisations which have strong systems engineering practices.
- Primavera P6 experience
- Knowledge of DOORS and Costpoint an advantage
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Project Manager, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Project Manager, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.