|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Church|
One of the world's leading Defence and Electronics organisations has a new and exciting vacancy based in Buckinghamshire. They are looking to employ an experienced Project Manager who has full lifecycle experience, is well-versed with bid management and is able to effectively lead and motivate in team environments.
The successful Project Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* 25 day's holiday
* Annual bonus
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Private Health Care
* Dental Care
* And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Project Manager will include:
* To assume total responsibility for the management and delivery of assigned projects with full accountability for project performance.
* To have total and complete understanding of project and contractual requirements.
* Bid Management - lead and co-ordinate bids from concept to contract award, working through the direction of business development.
* Develop and lead project teams; providing leadership, direction and control, through effective work package management.
* Build strong customer relationship.
* Risks, issues and opportunity management, ensuring logs/registers are established and maintained through the life of the assigned project with high level of accuracy.
* Effective Stakeholder Management including interface and the management of external customers.
* Frequently assess current performance, identify root causes, and actively drive programme/project and cross functional improvements through the life cycle of the assign project.
* Identify and pursue follow-on business opportunities, working closely with business development team.
* Where appropriate, development and training of own staff, recruitment and appraisal.
What you need to be the successful Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience of MS Office including MS Project.
* Experience of working on bids and proposals.
* Thorough understanding of Project/Programme Management principles.
* Degree level in relevant management discipline or engineering with at least 5 years management experience.
* Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP or Prince 2.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!