|Location: Havant||Salary: £60000 - £67000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Nuclear, Engineering, Space, Planning and Project Controls||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Lilli Lacey|
(Permanent - WFH)
Project Manager needed for a highly reputable defence and aerospace organisation based in Havant. My clients are looking to employ a driven and experienced Project manager to very specifically, lead their postal projects and join a team of 7, ensuring key milestones are met within budget, schedule and to the customers satisfaction. Managing a small portfolio of programmes all postal related. Preparing proposals for submission to customer, pricing requirements, managing programmes to cost, quality and schedule. Understanding pinch points, areas of concern with customers. mitigation and risk management activities. Working with the Project Management Office to agree schedules and financial status. Managing programme expenses and delivering profit levels at board level.
The specific Job description of the Project Manager:
For this role in particular the Project Manager will:
- Coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management
- Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost
- Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions
- Solves technical and non-technical problems throughout the life of the project seeking resolutions as early as possible in the life cycle
- Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to project sponsors, end users and management
- Manages project budgets and maintains project plans, evaluating how project plan changes impact cost and schedule
- Developing opportunities for follow on business within the Postal sector both within the UK and internationally
- Support and leadership to new business capture opportunities, within the Postal area, working closely with suppliers, bid teams and customers to deliver innovative cost-effective proposals
- Other work, as directed by senior and programme management, including working relationships with Suppliers at both Peer and Senior Management levels
- Through encouragement and personal example, foster a spirit of continuous improvement in the department and in its programmes. Apply and benefit from Lean, CMMi, and other improvement processes
- Responsibility for the continued development and maintenance of team procedures and processes, conforming to the requirements of the organisation and in support of BMS, ISO 9001, ISO20000, ISO27001, and continuous improvement
The required skills of the Project Manager:
Specifically, the Project Manager will need:
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- The ability to manage separate concurrent projects, with demonstrated time management experiences
- Ability to appreciate technical scope and derive solutions with the support of the team, in the context of the programme scope and new business strategies.
- Track record in the planning and delivery of challenging projects against tight timelines
- Experience working in a collaborative environment and a track record of developing internal relationships with an ability work well in a team environment.
- Ability to develop customer intimacy quickly at all levels
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to produce and present status, presentations and proposal to Customers, the Programme Manager and Managers
- Solid understanding of engineering and financial processes.
- Subcontract Management experience
- The ability to adapt behaviours and communication style which is reflective of different stakeholders and audiences
- Pro-active with strong self-motivation
- Business acumen and ability to coordinate a liaise with complex customer stakeholders
- Ability to implement risk and opportunity management
- Ability to make rapid decisions with suitable oversight from senior programme managers
Key skills of the Project Manager:
- Knowledge of software development practices
- Agile Programme Management experience
- Cust facing exp
- Risk Management
- M/S project
- Postal background - preferred but not essential
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.