|Location: Kingston upon Thames, Greater London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Qualification Test Engineer
Permanent - Competitive Salary + Benefits
Qualification Test Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the West London area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Qualification Test Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Qualification Test Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. The successful candidate will gain knowledge of the various platform operation and environment whilst practising standard software, hardware & Qualification V&V lifecycle activities. The candidate will be a crucial contribution to the V&V teams E&EMC test capability necessary to meet the growing demands for new and updated design compliance to rigorous environmental requirements.
Note: Due to security requirements, it is essential that applicants possess a British passport and meet the requirements for UK SC Security Clearance.
What the role of the Qualification Test Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Qualification Test Engineer will include:
- Production of Qualification Test Plans.
- Definition of Qualification test specifications with 3rd party UKAS Test facilities.
- Conduct Qualification test phase planning, and reporting with 3rd party UKAS Test facilities.
- Support Software & Hardware test planning, conduct and reporting.
- Support System pre-qualification testing.
- Support Qualification Test Support Equipment requirements, design and test activities.
- Conduct general project V&V activities as required.
- Check and review project documentation.
- Produce final test reports.
What experience you need to be the successful Qualification Test Engineer:
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent experience in software integrated systems engineering, Control Systems engineering & Systems engineering lifecycle
- Reporting test metrics, including test management tool experience
- Fault diagnostic skills including fault identification and reporting
- Experience of Verification & Validation activities within a Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Technical report writing skills to produce documentation to a high standard
- Experience operating software based and standard test tools
- Self-starter, to assign and execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
- Proficient user of MS office applications, Word, Excel etc.
- Experience in defining test requirements and test equipment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualification Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.