|Location: Acton||Salary: £45000.00 - £55000 per annum + car allowance, pension, 25 days hol.|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 22 days ago|
£45,000 to £55,000 + car & package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor delivering a major infrastructure project in West London. The Quantity Surveyor will be joining their busy and growing utilities team, delivering packages of work on both the construction of new assets and the refurbishment of existing assest within the gas, water and power sectors with contract sums of £8m to £30m.
The Quantity Surveyor will be involved with projects from procurement through to final account negotiation and supporting the Senior QS with the wider development of the team. Some of your key duties will include:
- Pricing and administration of of the main contract and subcontracts
- Assisting with the management of subcontract payment notices
- Undertake periodic cost value reconciliation reports
- Identify areas of commercial risks and opportunities
- Oversee the procurement process
- Support junior members of the team by offering advice and guidance where required
- Offer commercial advice and support to the onsite project teams
Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity must have previously worked for a main contractor in the UK and on a utilities or similarly fast paced works (e.g. highways). You'll need a solid understanding of the NEC contract, excellent communication skills and live within a reasonable commute of the site office in West London.
The successful Quantity Surveyor can expect a platform for realistic and rapid career progression, exposure to a major project and a variety of different projects within the utilities sector. You'll also be offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £45,000 to £55,000
- Travel allowance of £5,000
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group today.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.