|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £45000 - £52000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 27 days ago|
£45k to £50k + £6k car/travel & package
An exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor has arisen with a leading infrastructure & civil engineering contractor on a £50m civil engineering project near to Portsmouth on the South Coast. The Quantity Surveyor will be joining a busy project based team on this 3 year project which is due to complete in late 2021.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for a variety of pre & post contract duties including:
- Preparing internal commercial reporting documents
- Administration of sub-contract and supplier accounts
- Ensuring accurate and up to date site records are maintained
- Undertake contract administration
- Prepare monthly cost reports
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Assist where necessary in work winning duties
- Provide assistance to the senior commercial team with the development of other members of the commercial team
The successful Quantity Surveyor will need to have experience working on large infrastructure or civil engineering projects and live within a reasonable commute of the project in Weston Super Mare. You'll need to have excellent communication skills, competent with the NEC contract and hold a degree in a construction related subject.
On offer is a competitive salary of up to £50,000, a company car or car allowance of £6,000 per annum, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, private healthcare, contributory pension and a discretionary bonus. You'll also have the support of an approachable senior management team and the security of a strong pipeline of work with clients across both private & public sectors. You'll also have regular career reviews with a structured career path to Senior QS and regular pay & package reviews.
Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have:
- A degree or masters in a construction related subject
- Experience within civil engineering, infrastructure or associated sectors (Quantity Surveyors with experience of working on projects incorporating large diameter pipes and instruments will be at an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Live within a commutable distance of the site in Portsmouth
If you're looking for a new career challenge and you'd like to be considered for this opportunity, apply by sending your CV or calling Matt Clegg at Gold Group.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.