|Location: Birmingham, West Midlands||Salary: £60000 - £68000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
£60k - £68k + package
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join one of the UK's leading main contractors delivering a high profile, £300m+ residential redevelopment and regeneration programme in Birmingham. The Quantity Surveyor will be site based and working closely with an experienced team and taking responsibility for a large part of the development spanning the next 3 years.
On offer is a chance to join a highly regarded contractor, well recognised for delivering exciting, complex, major redevelopment and construction projects, often within the residential, mixed use, commercial, leisure and hospitality sectors. This project promises exposure to a major project, no limits on career progression, the support of an experienced and approachable team and a competitive starting salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £60k to £68k
- Car allowance
- 29 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Critical illness cover
- Discretionary bonus
Some of the Quantity Surveyors main duties & responsibilities will include:
- Taking full commercial responsibility for a £30m to £50m part of the development
- Providing commercial support to the project delivery delivery team
- Provide accurate monthly cost forecasts
- Managing commercial risks
- Managing change control
- Contract negotiation
- Support junior surveyors and other members of the commercial team
Quantity Surveyors considering this role will need to have:
- A degree, masters or similar in a construction related subject
- Experience of working for a large main contractor on a major project
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity of working at both pre & post contract stages
Following successful completion of this project, you'll then move on to a £1bn+ regeneration in the centre of Birmingham.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, get in touch today. The role won't be around for long so don't miss out.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.