|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Radiation Safety Specialist
Nuclear / Energy Engineering
Radiation Safety Specialist required for one of the UK's largest Nuclear and Energy Engineering companies based in Bournemouth. In this position you will be responsible for the radiological safety of all personnel on site.
You will also be responsible for safety and legislative matters concerning the use, handling and control of radiation and radioactive substances.
All candidates for this Radiation Safety Specialist position must be eligible for UK SC Clearance.
This role also comes with a great benefits package, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday
- Up to 5% Bonus
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- 25 days' holiday
- Option to buy further 5 days'
- Cycle to work scheme and retail vouchers
Key Responsibilities for Senior Radiation Physicist:
- Through direct or delegated/sub-contracted activities, ensure the business is, and remains, compliant with relevant legislation & licence conditions pertaining to the use, storage, security, handling, control & disposal of radioactive sources & substances.
- Co-ordinate, maintain & lead RPS personnel to meet legislative and business needs.
- Co-ordinate & maintain classified person personnel to meet legislative and business needs.
- Provide authoritative advice to Business Unit Management and the Health and Safety Manager / Environment Manager on all radiation safety and legal compliance matters associated with radioactive substances and radiation safety within Ultra Energy.
- Provide guidance to technical, project, commercial, and sales teams regarding the use, storage, security, handling, control and disposal of radioactive sources and substances where applicable.
- Support audits & inspections by third party bodies regarding compliance with relevant legislation & licence conditions pertaining to the use, storage, security, handling, control & disposal of radioactive sources & substances.
- Estimate, manage and control annual business unit expenditure on radiological safety and security matters within agreed budgets where applicable.
- Provide reports to, and/or attend where required, the Health & Safety committee on radiological safety and security matters
Skills and Qualifications Required for Seniro Radiation Physicist:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience (through higher-level degree, or equivalent experience) in radiation science/health physics or similar discipline.
- Wide ranging knowledge of radiation detection systems and related physics.
- Good level of analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Basic skills in significant engineering tools.
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with radiological legislation essential
- Experience with nuclear safeguards legislation advantageous
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.