|Location: Warrington||Salary: £45000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Senior Radiological Safety Assessor
£40,000 - £75,000 + Benefits.
Flexible location, ideally around Warrington or Reading / Basingstoke
Due to the nature of the work this post it is only open to British Citizens.
We have a brand new opportunity that has just arrived for a Senior Radiological Safety Assessor to join a fantastic engineering consultancy client.
They have been a leading provider of Nuclear Safety and Risk consultancy services to clients in the UK for many years and have a solid and growing client base.
As a Senior Radiological Safety Assessor, you will be responsible for the delivery of nuclear safety projects and tasks, ensuring they are on budget and meet the client's satisfaction.
You will also be taking the technical lead in the preparation of nuclear safety cases and associated supporting documentation.
Key responsibilities include;
- Leading hazard identification workshops, e.g. HAZOP studies
- Use of Claims/Arguments/Evidence techniques or other similar tools to clearly articulate safety case arguments
- Supporting clients in their interactions with Nuclear regulators
- Maintaining and developing lasting relationships with customers
- Managing teams of consultants to support project delivery
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring for less experienced team members
- Recognising opportunities for business and service development
- Supporting business and service development
Skills and experience
Experienced Nuclear Safety Consultant who has excellent report writing skills and mentoring abilities.
- Deep expertise in nuclear safety techniques:
o Safety Case production and management for all stages of plant lifecycle from concept design to decommissioning, hazard identification, fault analysis, Probabilistic Safety Assessment, radiological consequence assessment, development of safety functional requirements, ALARP assessment
- In depth knowledge of relevant UK regulations and standards
- A degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Control/ Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Leadership skills
- Excellent customer facing skills
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.