|Location: Horsham, West Sussex||Salary: £75000 - £90000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Release Train Engineer
We are looking for either an experienced Release Train Engineer or a professional with 2 years+ experience working in scaled Agile environments leading Scrum Masters, with a minimum of 5 Scrum teams.
You will support end-to-end delivery of the core products through multiple delivery teams using Agile, Scrum, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) ceremonies and practices. Facilitate and lead the teams through execution of proper agile methodology and practice, managing impediments and risks to overall delivery, and coaching teams and individuals on good agile practices.
You will possess great leadership skills with a passion for inspiring others. Be able to work well with colleagues, Be highly motivated with an attention to detail and have the ability to manage tasks and workload whilst supporting others
- Lead and facilitate software teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) through development and delivery, guide the transition to and implementation of SAFe.
- Plan and facilitate all aspects of Program Increment planning on a quarterly basis.
- Facilitate the Scrum of Scrum meetings and act as SAFE facilitator/coach at the Program level.
- Provide guidance in Agile, Scrum, and SAFe and leads Agile delivery teams to deliver value consistently.
- Serve as an expert on Agile software principles to other team members.
- Engage with the Product team to define mission value and prioritize work and build intellectual capital in Agile techniques.
- Support scrum ceremonies for the team where needed (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and lines of business stakeholders
- Track and produce key metrics (e. g., burn-down, burn-up charts, and cumulative flow diagram)
Required skills and experiences:
- 2+ years' experience working in scaled Agile environment as RTE, or a similar role leading scrum masters, with a minimum of 5 scrum teams.
- 4+ years' experience leading Agile teams as Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Exposure to the following technologies as Scrum master, product owner or RTE: Service Oriented Architecture / Microservices, Web APIs, SQL and NoSQL persistence, Cloud architecture (Azure)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details to make things happen
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.