|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £45 - £60 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Reliability Engineer (Contract)
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £45-60 (Depending on experience)
Must have active SC clearance to start this role!
Reliability Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire on a 6-month contract. They're looking to employ an experienced Reliability Engineer who will provide a sufficient level Engineering knowledge and skills to enable the effective and timely delivery of supportability analysis tasks.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Reliability Engineer will include:
- Undertaking the day to day discharge of R&M Testability Engineering activities.
- Relating Testability knowledge and applicable techniques.
- Utilisation of Reliability Analysis, from both FME(C)A, FME(D)A & Safety Analysis.
- Assessing Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Analysis and defining software coverage (BIT) to enable fault identification to be addressed.
- Understanding of the Systems engineering life-cycle, Safety lifecycle process (such as IEC 61508)
- Development and Planning of Testability environments.
- Systems Engineering technical process and use of IBM DOORs/ Rhapsody
- System Architecture Analysis;
- Ability for mapping of functionality onto hardware & software components.
- Ability for mapping of the software architecture onto hardware
- System architecture analysis (e.g. the behaviour) between them.
- Knowledge of system Architecture Description Languages (ADLs).
- Knowledge of software reliability modelling.
- Providing Testability input into the Design process.
- Assess Data Recording, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (DRACAS) outputs and corrective actions.
- Maintaining appropriate contact with relevant stakeholders and seek to develop an effective relationship with them during the course of the programme.
- Knowledge of IEC 61508
- Knowledge of Def Stan 00-40, 00-42, Mil-Hdbk-217 etc
What you need to be the successful Reliability Engineer:
In order to be the successful Reliability Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Significant relevant practical experience of the required aspects of Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Reliability Centred Maintenance Techniques and Analysis as well as the associated activities relating to DRACAS, R&M Case and Safety Analysis including Functional Safety Analysis
- Experience should include working with, and understanding the requirements of the generally acknowledged international R&M standards used in the defence industry.
- Effective communication skills and PC skills are also essential for this role as are good interpersonal skills, and the ability to make sound technical assessments/judgements based on knowledge and experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team
- Experience of product / systems development environment. In particular military vehicle/Land domain or Air Defence/Weapons domains.
- Good knowledge of complex systems, electrical/electronics, networks, Software systems and the associated reliability issues.
- Experience in safety related systems, functional safety to IEC 61508 or similar.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work with limited day-to-day supervision, but must know when to seek assistance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Reliability Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.