|Location: Oxford||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Cowley|
The post holder will:
- Be part of a small dedicated team that is developing the manufacturing process and formulation of Oncolytic viruses for the treatment of cancer.
- Establish manufacturing methods and techniques for the generation and purification of live attenuated viruses.
- The scientist will be required to use their knowledge of biological processing theory, techniques and equipment to prepare and execute experimental protocols and to develop manufacturing processes
- Perform routine batch manufacture of scale down batches according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist with setting up, qualifying & maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team and be an integral part of the development of manufacturing process and formulation of life changing cancer immunotherapies. They will establish manufacturing processes and protocols for the generation and subsequent purification of LAV's. With a strong understaning and knowledge of bio-processing theory, techniques and equipment, the selected scientist should also have a strong creative flair for problem solving and the confidence to bring new ideas and methods to the role with the overiding objective of improving processes and increasing output.
In addition to this, applicants need to have the following;
More than one years exposure in the use of bioreactors with adherent mammalian cells for biological production with a strong theoretical understanding of bioprocessing and problem solving the translation from pilot to production scales
Also of benefit, would be;
Work experience of using TFF and chromatography. Experience with AKTA
Prior experience in Biological assays and ELISAs
Please contact me ASAP for further details, thank you!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.