|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Senior Avionics Systems Engineer
Senior Avionics Systems Engineer needed for a world leading aerospace & defence company, who are based in Dorset. They are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Avionics Systems Engineer, ideally you would have an understanding of Systems V Model and demonstrable use within prior Engineering roles, and an understanding of systems engineering, integration, verification & validation. Preferable familiarity with Avionics and Databus - MIL-STD-1553, ARINC429, CAN, DO-160, DO-254.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e. a minimum BEng in Electronic/ Avionics Engineering and have a keen interest in avionics systems engineering.
- 37 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- 10% Bonus
- Single PMI
- 3x Life Cover
- 50% Income Protection
- 12% Pension
- 25 Days Holiday
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Avionics Systems Engineer will include:
- Manage all aspects of the Systems Integration activities for Avionics Equipment through their life cycle, from early development stage to in-service support including obsolescence management;
- Preparation of technical estimates for non-recurring costs and manpower requirements;
- Coordinate cross functional teams, technical management of specialists such as design, performance
- and ILS engineers;
- Technical management of external suppliers and outsource providers;
- Liaison with customers, internal and external;
- Requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification;
- Interface definition and management;
- System, sub-system and equipment architecture definition, design and analysis;
- Preparation of technical specification and other project documentation;
- Preparation and presentation of technical design reviews;
- Report progress to the program management and other business entities;
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Avionics Systems Engineer:
- Minimum BEng in Electronic/ Avionics Engineering;
- Understanding of Systems V Model and demonstrable use within prior Engineering roles.
- Demonstrable understanding of systems engineering, integration, verification and validation. Preferably, within an Aerospace environment, but other safety critical engineering is considered.
- Familiar with Avionics and Databus (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC429, CAN) is highly desirable.
- Experience working to recognised standards e.g.DO-160, DO-254 is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Commercial business acumen for the wider project responsibilities and resource coordination elements of the position.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Avionics Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for this Senior Avionics Systems Engineer role, candidates must be willing to undergo and obtain UK security clearance to a high level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.