|Location: Horsham, West Sussex||Salary: Up to £1 per hour|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Senior Buyer needed for an established leading design & manufacturing organisation based in Horsham who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Buyer with an in-depth knowledge of procurement within a manufacturing environment.
The successful Senior Buyer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: Competitive
- 26 day's holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Income Protection
- Free Parking
What the role entails: The company has seen significant growth over the past few years, and as we continue to grow, we require a Senior Buyer to join our small Purchasing Department on a contract basis initially.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Buyer will include:
- You will work closely with engineering staff across the business to procure machined components and related parts to the required quality, delivery and costs.
- Engage Suppliers & drive service levels to meet business goals.
- Prepare Request for Information (RFI) & Request for Quotation (RFQ) documentation.
- Identify, evaluate, implement and develop new supply sources capable of meeting our specifications and commercial needs.
- Facilitate the introduction of new products, adapting the supply chain to support emerging needs.
- Develop & drive strong supply partnerships embracing lean manufacturing principles to deliver; quality, service, technical, commercial & continuous improvement expectations of our global operations.
- Support the creation & implementation of strategies to mitigate high risk areas within the supply chain.
- Execute change, managing the process of engagement, disengagement and change management, to minimise the risk to our operations.
- Working to strict and often very tight deadlines to meet delivery schedules.
What you need to be the successful Senior Buyer:
- The successful applicant must have experience of reading and interpreting technical drawings and understand manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of the manufacturing industry related to one off production of parts in stainless steel, aluminium and carbon steel.
- Good understanding of inspection and test methods related to machined and welded components
- Ability to work cooperatively with engineers and suppliers to obtain parts on time within budget.
- Demonstrate ability to organise, plan and monitor procurement activities.
- Working knowledge of using MRP/ERP systems and experience of Excel is a must.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!