|Location: Norwich, Norfolk||Salary: £25 - £30 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 14 days ago|
3 Month Initial Contract
Norwich - £25 - £30 p/h
My client is a young dynamic aircraft interiors company that is looking for an experienced buyer who has an understanding of the aerospace industry.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a supplier base and sourcing strategy across
the commodity group suitable to deliver the current and future needs of the business. The role will
include the need to set up, and manage supply of production materials, tooling and/or services.
* Raise, execute and manage purchase orders
* Inventory Control of materials and resources to production lines
* Manage a portfolio of suppliers
* Control and lead supplier negotiations
* Develop and maintain a supplier base and sourcing strategy suitable to deliver the current
and future needs of the business
* Monitor and maintain the correct level of QCD performance
* Strong contract awareness and capability, to create and ensure the necessary contractual
arrangements are in place to control and manage business risks
* To analyse quotes and QAF's to be able to effectively negotiate with the supplier, and to
summarise the information for the supplier nomination process.
* To lead the supplier nomination process for your commodity area
* To be able to implement a cost down program within your commodity base
* Negotiating skills to include consideration of MRP, MOQ, and batch size constraints
* To be mindful of total acquisition costs when negotiating with suppliers