|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Charlie Ringer||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Salary to be discussed upon application
My client, a globally leading electronics company within the defence industry, are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their growing team!
Key responsibilities include purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
The role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and includes some people management responsibility. The job holder may take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
All applicants for this Senior Buyer position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
- Generous pension
- Health care
- Dental care
- Flexible working
- Life assurance
- + many others!
Responsibilities for the successful senior Buyer:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate and supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports when required
- Asses and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Support procurement department objectives and KPI's and be instrumental in supporting their achievement.
- Support the timely return of any defective material deliveries to respective vendors and procure replacement materials in accordance with company procedures and processes whilst minimising any impact on project milestones.
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this senior Buyer role, please press 'apply now'.